Barber Dog Park
3701 Gatlin Avenue
Orlando, FL 32812
Public Hours: 8am to 6pm
A cute dog park just north of Orlando International Airport (OIA). The dog park is part of the Barber Park complex, which is huge. Small & large dog park areas as well as good amenities makes this is popular dog park on the south side of Orlando.
Barber Dog Park is located within the Barber Park complex. Overall, the park is absolutely huge. Driving in you get the impression that this is going to be a huge dog park, but it’s relatively small compared to other Orlando area dog parks. Barber Park includes basketball courts, soccer fields, an inclosed/covered skating rink, two playgrounds, picnic areas, walkways and much more. It’s truely a great sports park. The dog park is tucked into a small space in the back corner (north-west corner) of the park.
The park amenities include many training/obsticales that are usually not available in dog parks. The photos below show some of the obsticales including a tunnel and bridge. The park includes both large and small dog sections. Each section contains a water fountain for both humans and dogs, plus a dog washing area with hose. Each section also includes a nice tarp covered area to provide shade. A couple of trees also provide some shade, but note that the park can get pretty hot in the summer time, so make sure to keep you and your dog well hydrated.
The dog park area gives you the sense of being confined to a relatively crowded section of Barber Park. If you prefer a less crowded environment, take your dog for a walk. The park provides plenty of space for taking your dog for a walk. I wasn’t the only one that felt this way about the dog park, as I met two other people walking their dogs around the park.
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
- Dog owners must be in fenced area at all times within view of their dogs.
- Dogs should be within voice command. (i.e. come when called by their owner)
- There is a limit of two dogs per person.
- Agressive dogs are not permitted on the premises.
- Dogs must be removed from the dog park at the first sign of aggression.
- Large dogs (over 30 lbs.) are not permitted in the small dog area.
- Dog owners must have a leash in hand at all times.
- Children 12 years of age and younger must be closely supervised by an adult.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the dog park.
- Dog feces must be cleaned up by owners. Disposable bags are available within the park.
- Femail dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the dog park.
- Please fill in any holes your dog digs.
- No food of any kind is allowed within the dog park.
- Do not run within the dog park. Leave the running to the dogs.
- Dogs must be vaccinated and display current licenses.
- Puppies under four (4) months of age are prohibited.
- Sick dogs are not permitted in the park.
- All other general rules of Barber Park are applicable within the dog park.
- Persons who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and/or suspension.
Overall, Barber Park is a well maintained Orange County Park that provides areas for many different sports activities and a friendly dog park area for our four legged friends.
Other Related Locations:
- Yucatan Dog ParkYucatan Dog Park is one of the newer dog parks in Orlando. East on SR408 (East-West Expressway) and exit at SR 436 onto Lake Underhill....
- Doctors Dog ParkWhile the name of this dog park may bring up thoughts of visiting your Doctor, trust me when I say it's nothing like it. This...
- Lake Idamere Dog ParkWant to get away from it all for a while? Then try this dog park. Located about 45 minutes from Orlando, is out of the...