Downey Dog Park
10107 Flowers Ave.
Orlando, FL 32825
Public Hours: 8am to 6pm
Care has been taken to create this detailed Google Map.
Downey Dog Park is located directly off of HW50. Do not try to get to the park by driving into the southern entrance of Downey Park at Flowers Ave. Instead, look for a long strip of parking directly off of HW50. There you’ll find the gated entrance to the dog park. This parking location seems a bit crazy, as it’s so very close to HW50. If your dog tends to get hyper the closer he or she gets to a dog park, like mine always does, make sure you have a tight grip on your leash. There is nothing that will stop a dog from running directly into HW50 traffic!
Downey Dog Park is located in a relatively small and narrow section of the Downey Park facility; well know for their baseball fields. This recreational sports park also includes several sandy volleyball courts, a large children’s playground, and beach at Lake Downey and even a skate park.
The Downey Dog Park is sometimes referred to as the U.C.F. dog park since it is located only about 3 miles from the University of Central Florida. You will typically see some college students visiting the park, as well as many other locals. People tend to migrate towards the center of the park, where it’s nicely shaded. The park itself is very long and narrow. There are several water fountains, fire hydrants (fake), benches and tables for your dog to explore.
Downey Dog Park Rules
(Typical dog park rules. T.C., Obey!)
- Dog owners must be in the fenced dog park at all times within view and voice command range of their dogs. Dogs should come when called by their owners.
- Dogs must be removed from the dog park at the first sign of aggression.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises.
- Dog owners must have a leash in hand at all times.
- Keep small children and infants under strict supervision.
- LEASH dogs while entering and exiting the dog park.
- Dog feces must be cleaned up by the owners.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the dog park.
- Fill in any hole your dog digs.
- No food of any kind is allowed within the dog park.
- Do not run within the dog park. Leave running to the dogs.
- All dogs must have current licenses and tags.
- Sick dogs are not permitted in park.
- All other general rules of Downey Park are also applicable within the dog park.
- All dog owners who fail to comply with the rules can be expelled from the park. Repeat offenders are subject to banning from the park.