Pawmosa Dog Park
140 Plumosa Avenue
Casselberry, FL 32707
Public Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
Pawmosa Dog Park is a nicely shaded, one acre, dog park in Casselberry, FL. It’s known as the nice dog park, as compared to the Paw Park of Historic Sanford which has had problems with aggressive dogs. Pawmosa is laid back and provides many benches to just sit and relax. The area is covered with wood mulch and provides many areas for your dog to explore.
Care has been taken to create this detailed Google Map.
The park is very easy to find. It’s located between SR436 and Dog Track Road just off of HW17-92 on a small residential street called Plumosa Ave. The street name is easy to remember as it’s very close to the park name, Pawmosa. You can almost see the park from HW17-92, but it’s better to look for the traffic light installed at the intersection of HW17-92 and Plumosa Ave. It’s also across the street from Home Depot, which can’t be missed.
Parking for the park can be difficult at times, so be careful driving into the parking lot area. Heavy rains often wash out the parking lot which consists mainly of mulch and dirt. I’ve had problems navigating my car around the holes at times. I’d recommend driving just past the dog park to the solid paved parking available at Plumosa Oaks Park.
The park is very well kept with the help from many volunteers. Thank you to everyone involved. The park is an acre in size and includes both a small dog section and a large dog section.
There’s a cement path that goes around the park, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally stepping in doggy poo. There are several benches, poo bag stations and trash cans for bag disposal. There’s a small water fountain station, yet the large dogs seem to prefer the washing area instead that is located towards the center of the park. There’s a short hose available at the washing station to help wash off your dog at the end of your visit.
Overview from the Casselberry Web Site:
Pawmosa Dog Park is one acre of shaded space designed just for playful pups! 6 ft. fences and separate areas for large and small dogs ensure that there is safe space for all! Each area has doggie stations, trash receptacles, watering stations, benches, fire hydrants, and even a time out area for the occasional misbehaving pooch. All play areas are covered with wood mulch and signs with park rules are posted at each entry way.
While you’re sure to get some visitors, both human and dog, this park does have a medium to high tranquility factor. The old growth oak trees provide a nice shaded area to sit and relax and perhaps even read a book. If you prefer to be more social, both the people and the dogs in this park are commonly friendly and polite.
Pawmosa Park Rules:
Please Read Before Entering Park
- No ATTENDANT ON DUTY. Users of this facility do so at their own risk. City of Casselberry shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in this park.
- All dogs must be legally licensed, vaccinated and shall wear a visible dog license.
- Dog owners are solely liable for injuries or damage caused by their dogs and ensuring that their dogs don’t escape the fenced area.
- Aggessive dogs are prohibited from this park and dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately without debate. Please report dog owners in violation of these rules to the Casselberry Police Department immediately (407-262-7606)
- No animals other than dogs at least 4 months of age shall be permitted in this park.
- Children under 12 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult. Young Children must be close enough to hold your hand at all times.
- No food treats, alcoholic beverages, strollers, bicycles or children’s toys permissible in the dog park.
- No more than three beings’ per handler allowed. (*dogs and/or small children)
- Dog owners must be in the park, within view and voice contact of their dogs at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving this park and dog owners must have a leash in their possession at all times.
- Femail dogs in heat are prohibited from the park.
- Pet owners much immediately fill any holes their dogs dig.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by dog owners (city code).
- Park Hours: Park Open from Sunrise to Sunset
The official dog park site is located on the Casselbery, FL Web site: http://www.casselberry.org/index.aspx?NID=318
Other Related Locations:
- Doctors Dog ParkWhile the name of this dog park may bring up thoughts of visiting your Doctor, trust me when I say it's nothing like it. This...
- Downey Dog ParkThe Downey Dog Park is sometimes referred to as the U.C.F. dog park since it is located only about 3 miles from the University of...
- Barber Dog ParkA cute dog park just north of Orlando International Airport (OIA). The dog park is part of the Barber Park complex, which is huge. A...